Regular and Breaking Abstract submission is closed.
The notification letters regarding the acceptance/rejection of the abstracts have been sent out March 20.
If you have a query regarding your submission, please contact us at email@example.com.
See the programme here.
Important Information on the Selection Process
All abstracts are peer-reviewed and ranked on the basis of scientific merit by experts in the category selected. The Scientific Programme Committee uses these rankings to develop the scientific sessions. Abstracts are assigned to either plenary, parallel, or poster sessions.
The ESHG meetings have currently 3 types of acceptance for submissions:
– Spoken presentation in a concurrent or plenary session
– Poster presentation in one of the poster sessions
– Electronic Poster presentation: in the electronic poster area
IMPORTANT: Note that the presentation at the meeting will be the condition for the publication of the abstract in the electronic supplement of the European Journal of Human Genetics.
Please note that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
Multiple submissions with identical presenting authors will be automatically rejected.
Identical submissions from different first authors will also be automatically rejected.
Abstracts containing no results or structure will be rejected.
ESHG Submission Topics 2019:
01. Reproductive Genetics/Prenatal Genetics
02. Sensory disorders (eye, ear, pain)
03. Internal organs & endocrinology (lung, kidney, liver, gastrointestinal)
04. Skeletal, connective tissue, ectodermal and skin disorders
05. Cardiovascular disorders
06. Metabolic and mitochondrial disorders
07. Immunology and hematopoietic system
08. Intellectual Disability
09. Neurogenetic and psychiatric disorders
10. Neuromuscular disorders
11. Multiple Malformation/anomalies syndromes
12. Cancer genetics
13. Basic mechanisms in molecular and cytogenetics
14. New diagnostic approaches, technical aspects & quality control
15. Personalized/Predictive Medicine and Pharmacogenomics
17. Epigenetics and Gene Regulation
18. Genetic epidemiology/Population genetics/Statistical methodology and evolutionary genetics
19. Genetic counselling/Services/Education
20. Psychological and social issues in genetics
21. Lay beliefs and public understanding of genetics / Access to genetic services
22. Ethical issues in genetics
23. Legal implications of advances in genetics
24. Other relevant EMPAG issues in genetics