How to submit your Breaking Abstract for this year’s meeting.
Submission deadline: Thursday, May 9, 2019, 24:00 hrs CET (no extension, no exceptions).
Guidelines for the submission process
Please read the instructions carefully.
- The text must not exceed 250 words, excluding title and authors.
- Grant references must be included at the end of the abstract text.
- A maximum of 50 authors with 3 institutions per author is allowed. However, the size of the author block must not exceed 3,000 characters.
- Tables may be included.
- No graphics are allowed.
- Remember that you may be presently be the presenting author of a poster, but not of a talk in any of the concurrent sessions.
- Download a sample abstract with instructions
Before you get started…
Type your abstract in a common Word Processor (e.g. MS Word). Please save a copy of the file with the abstract text only (no title or authors). This file can then be used for a “file upload” (most convenient way of submission). The upload feature supports and converts tables within the document. Special characters are widely supported.
When entering the site…
You will have to create a new user account. On the left side of the page, click on “Click here to create a new user account. Fill in all required fields and save your personal information by clicking “Continue” on the online form.
Note: In case you have submitted an abstract at a previous ESHG meeting, your login data are still valid. In this case, please login with your login and password on the right side of the page (“returning users”)
(ATTENTION: This is not your ESHG member login).
In case you cannot retrieve your access data, please use the “forgot password” option.
In the welcome area you will see the following options:
– “ESHG BREAKING ABSTRACT“. Click on “Submit abstract“.
Follow the step by step instructions for submission.
Eventually, you will see a summary of your submission in the last step (“Review my work“), which you may print. Your abstract should now have a green “complete” icon in the welcome area.
General Information on Breaking Abstract Submission and FAQ
Content – Authors
- Please note that you may be presently be the presenting author of a poster, but not of a talk in any of the concurrent sessions.
- Can you submit a paper that has already been published?
The work must be original/unpublished (submitted to Biorxiv/in press are acceptable) or published after February 1, 2019.
- Abstracts containing no results will be rejected.
- Abstracts with the obvious goal of advertising corporate products or services, will be rejected.
- Note that the presentation at the meeting will be the condition for the publication of the abstract in the electronic supplement of the European Journal of Human Genetics.
- If your submission cannot be accepted as a talk in the highlight session, it will not be accepted for presentation in a different format at the meeting (poster or electronic poster).
- For optimum results when using the Online Submission System, it is recommended that you use Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher for Windows.
Please make sure to deactivate the compatibility view.
- For Macintosh users we recommend Safari 3.0 or higher for Mac OS 10.4. or higher.
Please note that you may encounter an issue copy/pasting from Word for Mac, triggering an error message that your title cannot exceed 1,000 characters. In this case please reload the page and either type or copy/paste the title from a plain text application.
- Submission is perfectly possible with other browsers as well, but some advanced functions are possible only with the above.
- A list of compatible browsers is given on the login page.
Corrections – Amendments
- The title of your abstract is displayed in the Welcome Area, together with the information on whether the submission is complete or incomplete. To edit the abstract, simply click on the title step.
- Changes and editing can be made until the submission deadline. In case of a mistake during the submission, it is not necessary to re-submit a “new abstract”. Click on the step to be amended and make the correction.
- Aborted submissions can be picked up and completed at a later stage. Authors are able to login and to select the incomplete abstract in order to continue the submission until the deadline.
- The submission system stores the information in “real time”. The moment you reach the Summary within the submission process and the system tells you “This submission is complete” your abstract is completed and has been received. However you will still be able to come back and make modifications until the deadline.
- Please make sure you print the summary page for your records. The system also has an e-mail confirmation feature. Simply click the appropriate link on the summary page and fill in your email address(es) in the appropriate box.
- For support during the submission process, please send an email to email@example.com or call +43 1 405 13 83 13 between 9.00 – 17.00 hrs CET.