- If you are not able to present your poster, you are kindly requested to contact the organising office as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- In case you want to change the presenter, you have to nominate a specific person who is actually attending the meeting AND is not presenter of another abstract already (Note: One person can only present one paper!). If this is confirmed, please send us the name and EMAIL address of the co-author who will present the paper.
- In case you cannot attend and also cannot nominate a replacement as presenting author, the abstract has to be withdrawn at your earliest convenience, but not later than May 1 via email.
Your help in saving costs substantially by avoiding empty poster boards is highly appreciated.
Please also note that:
- Authors who do not notify the organising office of their cancellation ahead of the meeting and fail to present their poster, will be banned from presenting an abstract at the 2020 meeting in Berlin.
- The presentation at the meeting will be the condition for the publication of the abstract in the electronic supplement of the European Journal of Human Genetics.
Schedule for display, mounting and removal
- Posters will be on display from Saturday, June 15 (09.30 hrs) to Monday, June 17 (17.45 hrs). The organisers cannot assume any liability for loss or damage of posters displayed in the poster area.
- Poster mounting will be possible on: Saturday, June 15 from 09.30 hrs onwards
- Removal times for the different groups:
Groups A-C: Monday, June 17, 2018: from 16.45 hrs to 17.45 hrs (strict!)
Group D: Monday, June 17, 2018: 17.45-17.5o hrs (strict!)
Posters that will not be removed by Monday, June 17, 2018, 17.50 hrs, will be removed by the staff, will not be kept or mailed to the author after the meeting, but will be discarded. Please note that the door to the exhibition hall will be closing at 17.45.
All details on your poster presentation (e.g. Poster board number, schedule for poster discussion) will be sent by mid-May 2019.
Presence at Posters
In order to enable discussion and interaction with other participants, the presence at your poster board of you or one of your group will be mandatory between:
- Poster Group A: 10.15 and 11.15 hrs on Sunday, June 16 for posters with board numbers ending with “A” (e.g. P01.01A, P01.03A – this refers to your final poster board number – not the abstract control number!)
- Poster Group B: 16.45 and 17.45 hrs on Sunday, June 16 for posters with board numbers ending with “B” (e.g. P01.01B, P01.03B – this refers to your final poster board number – not the abstract control number!)
- Poster Group C: 10.15 and 11.15 hrs on Monday, June 17 for posters with board numbers ending with “C” (e.g. P01.01C, P01.03C – this refers to your final poster board number – not the abstract control number!)
- Poster Group D: 16.45 and 17.45 hrs on Monday, June 17 for posters with board numbers ending with “D” (e.g. P01.01D, P01.03D – this refers to your final poster board number – not the abstract control number!)
- Only posters in portrait format can be mounted.
- The usable surface on the poster board will be 90 cm width x 150 cm height (approx. 35 x 59 inches).
- Only adhesive tape can be used to mount posters. Material will be available onsite.
Please note that it is allowed for participants to take pictures in the conference venue (including the exhibition hall, the poster area and lecture halls). If you do not want any scientific content of your poster to be photographed, please indicate this on your poster in a clearly visible way.
- Due to EACCME regulations, authors are requested to disclose possible conflicts of interest on the poster.
- When presenting data and health information (including photos) all presenters must have informed consent compliant with human subjects and applicable regulations.
- Posters should stimulate discussion, not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics and make sure every item is necessary.
- Include the title of your presentation. The ESHG will not post the abstract titles on display boards.
- The lettering of the poster heading should be at least 2.5 cm high. Detailed information should be provided in a smaller type, but remember that your text must be easily readable from distances of at least 1 meter.
- Optional Materials: If you wish, you may prepare handouts for distribution to interested colleagues.
Alternatively you may include a QR code on the poster which would trigger a download of the handouts (WIFI is available in the poster area).
Some authors may also wish to provide business cards/contact information.
Your passport photograph on the poster may facilitate contacts during the congress.
- For additional assistance in preparing your poster, there are a number of excellent resources available online. For more information, type “scientific poster preparation guidelines” into your internet search engine.
Poster Printing Service
The ESHG again offers a poster printing service for all poster authors. This service enables poster authors to upload & order their poster online prior to the conference and have it ready for pick-up on site at the ESHG Conference in Gothenburg.
In case of emergency (lost posters etc.) the ESHG also offers the possibility of onsite orders. Please contact the Poster Printing Service Desk onsite with your printing data. The poster will then be available within 24 hours.
The price list can be found here.
The opening hours of the Poster Printing Service Desk on site are:
Saturday, June 15 09:30 – 18:30
Sunday, June 16 09:00 – 17:45
Monday, June 17 09:00 – 17:45
Visit the website or contact email@example.com for further information!